Open positions are listed simply as a service to our members and do not represent an endorsement of any position or its benefits by the United Church of Christ Musicians Association, Inc. We post the information when we receive it, but we cannot guarantee that any position still remains open. It is the responsibility of the job seeker to determine the legitimacy and appropriateness of a position.
To submit a job listing contact Linda Ricketts.
Job Listing - October 23, 2018
Park Hill Presbyterian Church, North Little Rock, arkansas
- Music Director (for 2019)
Our church is looking for the right part-time (or more) musician to lead us into God’s future!
The successful candidate will: have 3-5 years’ experience leading church music with a BA in music or equivalent, love to rehearse and lead choir, play the piano and/or organ with performance-level proficiency, support contemporary and traditional music in worship, be excited about starting intergenerational and children’s choir opportunities, possess good interpersonal and communication skills and be interested in growth.
A great candidate may also: accompany choir during rehearsals and Sunday worship, rehearse and lead handbell choir, interest in intergenerational chime choir, maintain instruments and music library, have interest in professional development and staff leadership. Salary $11,000-21,000 as experience and negotiation allows; may be combined with other positions; childcare available for most rehearsals; vacation, sick and continuing ed available; all applications reviewed, interviews begin in November 2018. See website at ParkHillPres.org. Applications and questions to email@example.com or 501-753-9533.
Job Listings - October 5, 2018
Congregational Church of Grafton, U.C.C., 30 Grafton Common, Grafton, Ma. 01519
The Congregational Church of Grafton, U.C.C. is a church of 100 members. We have a good quality Wicks pipe organ, a Mason & Hamlin grand piano, a two-octave set of hand-bells, and a small but committed choir. Talented youth in the congregation also participate in the adult choir, or with instruments, and we want someone to encourage and utilize these individuals. We have a good music library.
5 hours per week
Salary of $8,000 and 4 Sundays paid vacation per year.
The Organist shall have permission to conduct private organ lessons and make the organ available to qualified students.
Click here for complete job description
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter to:
Bob McLean, Chair
Congregational Church of Grafton
Job Listings - September 21, 2018
- Director of Music and Organist
First Congregational Church of Webster Groves, UCC, 10 West Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves, MO 63110
Compensation: This position is based on 30 hours per week
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience
Benefits package includes health and dental insurance, term life/disability insurance, and pension allocations, personal days and vacation.
Click here for complete job description
Contact Information: Please send a resume and cover letter by October 31 to:
Ms. Chris von Weise at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Listings - September 14, 2018
St. Lucas UCC, 11735 Denny Rd, St. Louis, MO 63126
- Bachelor of Art in Music or Music Education or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience directing a choir
- Musician with experience in a wide variety of musical avenues
- Keyboard skills preferred
- Ability to work with people in a team setting
- Good organizational skills
- The Director of Music reports to the Senior Minister
- The Church Council through the Church and Ministry Committee has final authority in all staffing concerns
- Provide overall leadership for the music programs of the church
- Directing the St. Lucas choir
- Coordinate the inclusion of musical resources in the worship planning process led by the ministers for weekly worship and oth-er worship events
- Ensure that quality choral, hand bell or instrumental music is provided for all weekly and special services
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, development, and direction of all musical groups
- Supervise the work of all paid musicians who are either regular musical staff or contracted musicians for special events
- Coordinate the scheduling of rehearsal times for music groups
- Interface with other program areas of the church
- Prepare the annual music budget, in consultation with church staff and lay leaders
- Oversee the proper maintenance of all musical instruments and do so within budget
- Provide opportunities and invite a wide variety of persons to participate in musical events
- Coordinate and maintain the use of the proper worship paraments for the Chancel according to the seasons of the church year and for other liturgical events such as communion
- In consultation with the Senior Minister, develop and coordinate any needed worship support teams to bring to life the church’s stated core value of worship
- Develop and lead special musical events
- Fill in for the organist and lay music directors as needed
Interested? Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Listings - September 2, 2018
- Part-time Organist/Pianist
First Congregational Church, 127 Winnacunnet Road, Hampton, NH 03842
Reports to: Music Director, Pastor and Board of Wardens
Minimum Qualifications: Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of a General Education Development (GED) Testing program; degree and/or training and experience in the field of music preferred.
Goal: Provide high quality organ and/or piano music and accompaniment in order to facilitate the musical dimension of worship as led by the Music Director and the Pastor. The organist/pianist will be diligent in preparation and performance, and will collaborate with others to provide and enable the highest standard of worship.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality music for scheduled Sunday morning worship services (1 per Sunday) to include preludes, postludes, hymns, offertories, communion music, etc… as required
- Provide quality accompaniment for scheduled special services such as Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc… as required in collaboration with the Music Director
- Demonstrate diligent preparation for all music provided through high level, well-delivered performances
- Meet and collaborate as needed with others in preparation for service music and worship plans
- Follow work schedule and attendance requirements in a regular, predictable and punctual manner
- Review current developments, literature and technical source information related to job responsibility
- Ensure adherence to good safety practices
- One worship service per Sunday (9:00 a.m. Summer, 10:00 a.m. Fall-Spring)
- Flexible schedule of 3-4 Sundays per month - one Sunday off which is scheduled with Music Director
- Summer Schedule - flexible with more time off as needed - schedule to be determined with Music Director
- No regular choir rehearsals/choir accompanying but open to an occasional request in advance should a special need arise
- Wedding/Funeral music opportunities available for additional fee to be paid directly to the organist/pianist
- $125 per worship service with yearly reviews
Please send a resume and cover letter via mail or e-mail to:
Jennifer Ramsay, Director of Music
First Congregational Church
127 Winnacunnet Road
Hampton, NH 03842
Job Listings - August 29, 2018
Armenian Martyrs' Congregational Church, 100 N. Edmonds Ave., Havertown, PA 19083
Armenian Martyrs’ Congregational Church is a small UCC-affiliated church in Havertown, PA, seeking an accomplished organist/pianist to play for our 11 a.m. Sunday service (currently for the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month – possibly more), as well as funerals and other special services. Responsibilities include accompanying the choir (Sunday-morning rehearsal only), playing for the congregational singing of hymns and other service music, and selecting appropriate organ/piano music for the service.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled keyboard musician comfortable with a variety of styles and genres, an excellent sight-reader and accompanist, and a flexible professional with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Compensation starts at $175 per Sunday-morning, depending on level of skills and experience.
Our congregation is very welcoming and appreciative of our music ministry, which features an all-volunteer choir as well as vocal and instrumental performers. Interested candidates should send a resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about AMCC: http://www.amccpa.org/
Job Listings - August 15, 2018
United Reformed Church, Somerville, NJ
- Director of Music/Organist
Specific Duties of the Director of Music/Organist
- Develop, organize, direct, schedule, and accompany the adult choir
- Maintain the agreements for additional musicians (vocal and/or instrumental) who are hired to supplement Sunday services or special services
- Play the organ, piano, and/or keyboard for regularly scheduled worship services
- Provide preludes and postludes for regularly scheduled worship services
The Music Director will be expected to be present for all services during the seasons of Advent (including Christmas Eve), Lent (including Ash Wednesday and Good Friday), and for the 12th Night Boar’s Head Festival.
- Consult with the pastor relative to the selection of hymns to be sung by the congregation
- Maintain or schedule maintenance for the organ, pianos, and handbells
- Maintain the music library and the choir room
- Attend staff meetings as requested
- Work with the Worship Committee regarding music budget and any other matters
- Meet annually with the Personnel Committee to review the job description and performance
- Work with the Directors of the 12th Night Boar’s Head Festival
- Hires, supervises, and dismisses section leaders and instrumentalists
- Submits section leader and instrumentalist records to Church Treasurer for payment
- Finds substitutes for Sundays off
- Is a highly capable organist
- Is able to perform on other keyboards (piano, clavinova)
- Enjoys working with a mostly volunteer set of singers
- Knowledge of basic choral skills
- Is able to direct a handbell choir
- Uses the computer effectively for communications
- Performs and leads music in a range of musical styles
Compensation: Range of $1,500 to $1,833 monthly (annualized, $18,000 to $22,000)
Time expected: Average 10-12 hours/week
Resources available include
- Budget for Paid Section Leaders and Additional Instrumentalists – to be administered in consultation with the Worship Committee
- Volunteer assistance (if requested) with maintenance of music library
- Full-size office provided in church
- Organ: 3 Manual + Pedal Hartman-Beaty, 42 Ranks, 29 voices with electro-mechanical chest action (additional specifications provided on request)
- Piano: Yamaha C3 Baby Grand in Sanctuary (lesser quality pianos in choir room, lounge, and Fellowship Hall)
- Yamaha Clavinova
- Various Percussion instruments in-house
Reply with interest and resume to: email@example.com